About the Telecom Industry, In Our Lives and Behind The Scenes
- Telecom in our lives
- Behind the Scenes
A fast-paced, growing field.
With more people around the globe making broadband, cable, wireless and wireline connections, telecom job opportunities are expanding. If you want to be part of an energetic and expanding workforce, think telecom.
Connecting everyone to everything.
We may not know it, but we engage with telecom all the time from home, work, and everywhere we go. It’s in play every time you:
- Text or talk on your cell or smart phone
- Wirelessly connect to the Internet
- Play an Internet video game
- Connect your home thermostat to the smart grid
Telecom is your portal to the world.
Much more than phones, telecom includes voice, video and Internet communications intertwined with entertainment. By covering such a broad spectrum, telecom—and the people who work in it—make life better for us all by:
- Enabling distance education
- Improving healthcare
- Increasing food supplies while using fewer resources
- Tightening security at borders, shipyards and airports
- Technical professionals whoinstall, maintain and repairtelephone equipment and systems, fiber networks, wireless