About the Telecom Industry, In Our Lives and Behind The Scenes
- Telecom in our lives
- Behind the Scenes
Connecting everyone to everything.
We’re all connected by seven trillion hard-wired and wireless devices swirling with bits and bytes of data. While you’re at home, at work, and on the go you probably engage with telecom. People are devouring more content than ever, which means expanding telecom job opportunities.
Telecom is your portal to the world.
Much more than phones, telecom is voice, video and Internet communications intertwined with entertainment. It’s in play every time you:
- Text or talk on your phone, Blackberry, Android or iPhone
- Wirelessly connect to the Internet or a shared printer
- Play an Internet video game on your Xbox or Playstation
- And in the not so distant future, make your home more energy efficient by connecting your thermostat to the smart grid
- Technical professionals who install, maintain and repair telephone equipment and systems, fiber networks, wireless broadband and high-speed Internet backbones
- Customer service professionals who work directly with customers to answer questions and provide solutions
- Sales professionals who sell products and services to residential and business customers
- Other professionals in more traditional roles like IT, engineering, marketing, HR and management
If your sights are set for the future and you want to be part of a fast-paced, energetic and connected workforce—think telecom—and start creating your Vivid Future today.